2730 The Nashville Allstars - Opus de Funk

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61b2E%2B%2BbdVL.jpg
From: After the Riot at Newport; Year: 1960; Genre: Jazz
Even though it's not exactly in the "funk" genre, this very jazzy piece has "funk" in the title, so I'm making it my Funky Friday pick this week anyway.
As the album's title states, this music featuring some of the greatest Nashville artists of the time, it was performed and recorded at an impromptu concert held after the cancellation of their performance at the Newport Jazz Festival due to a "major disturbance" occurring that year's events. This concert was held actually on the back porch of a rented manor house at the last minute. What resulted was an amazing classic and historic jazz album featuring the likes of Floyd Cramer, Chet Atkins, Boots Randolph, and Hank Garland among others.

Hear Opus de Funk on YouTube. It starts at the 14:30 mark.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')

My song pick two years ago today: Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

My song pick three years ago today: Dion - Abraham, Martin and John

My song pick four years ago today: Joachim Witt - Wem Gehört Das Sternenlicht

My song pick five years ago today: Cab Calloway & The Harlemaniacs - The Reefer Man

My song pick six years ago today: Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections

My song pick seven years ago today: Quarterflash - Harden my Heart


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)