2815 Michael Martin Murphey - Medicine Man

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CfrvuDI9L._SS280.jpg
From: Blue Sky - Night Thunder; Year: 1975; Genre: Country/Rock
I'm still feeling like heck today, but am still getting my pick in. For some reason I had some Michael Martin Murphey on my mind this morning. My Mom loved and still does love the artist and album and it's one that's burnt into my mind almost indelibly; in fact it's very surprising that I've gone almost 3000 picks in and haven't picked one of his songs yet.
Anyway, this is wot would be known probably as a Rock/Country crossover, with aspects of both permeating the sound of the track. It's always been one of my favourite from the record as well as his discography.

Hear Medicine Man on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun

My song pick two years ago today: Marillion - Script for a Jester's Tear

My song pick three years ago today: Carmen - Purple Flowers

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Keine Lust

My song pick five years ago today: Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin) - Piece Of My Heart

My song pick six years ago today: Nightwish - The Kinslayer

My song pick seven years ago today: Boz Scaggs - Lido Shuffle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn