2911 Hawkwind - Be Yourself

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KPwbw0%2BBL._SX425_.jpg
From: Hawkwind; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock/Psychedelic Rock/Space Rock
This song, which is more or less an extended jam/instrumental, was running through my mind this morning and, as usual, I took it as a sign I should make it the subject of today's post. This is kind of a psychedelia meets surf rock sort of sound to it. I especially love Terry Ollis' drumming through this one; they really are the driving force or the entire piece.

Hear Be Yourself on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Saturday Night Special

My song pick two years ago today: Icehouse - Great Southern Land

My song pick three years ago today: Genesis - Many Too Many

My song pick four years ago today: Iron Maiden - Where Eagles Dare

My song pick five years ago today: Yes - Yours Is No Disgrace

My song pick six years ago today: Herbie Hancock - Sly

My song pick seven years ago today: Foreigner - Long, Long Way From Home


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)