2916 The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514yFsLc7dL._SX425_.jpg
From: A Lonely Man; Year: 1972; Genre: R&B/Soul
I've been meaning to pick this song for quite a few days now; I happened to remember that fact today and made it my pick.
I've actually have always loved this song and the band; their flavour of Soul/R&B is just exquisite. The vocals are top-notch and powerful is their delivery of the heart-felt sound and emotion, but the real treat for me personally is the great backing band; I just wish I knew who they were. It's amazing when a group and style of music such as this can take a rather melancholy idea and deliver it in an empowering and positive way.

Hear Oh Girl on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Guns N' Roses - Knockin' on Heaven's Door

My song pick two years ago today: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

My song pick three years ago today: Frédéric Chopin - Op.19 - "Bolero"

My song pick four years ago today: Missing Link - Filled Up

My song pick five years ago today: Hawkwind - The Church

My song pick six years ago today: Quincy Jones - Walking in Space

My song pick seven years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Dreamer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn