1810 Frédéric Chopin - Op.19 - "Bolero"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Chopin%2C_by_Wodzinska.JPG
Op.19; Year: 1833; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
I'm squeezing some time in to get my pick in on this very busy day.
Anyway, once again my song pick number hit upon a date concerning another artist that I like: Frédéric Chopin, who was born in the year 1810. So, after I realized that I went ahead and decided to pick one of his songs for my 1810th song pick.
This is one of his songs that I like quite a bit; it is a rather interesting piece in many ways. To describe it, it's like a very technical dance song, kind of a mix between a Bolero, as the title states, and a Polonaise.

Here is a performance of the piece played by Nikita Magaloff on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Missing Link - Filled Up

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - The Church

My song pick three years ago today: Quincy Jones - Walking in Space

My song pick four years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Dreamer

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade