2940 Jethro Tull - Fire at Midnight

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61v0rULISsL._SX425_.jpg
From: Songs From the Wood; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock/Folk Rock
Last night and into this morning I had this song playing incessantly in my mind, so as per usual I took it as a sign I should pick it.
This one, as with most of the rest of the record, has a lot of traditional British music infused with the hard prog rock that the band is known for; definitely musically one of their high points musically and lyrically. My favourite part of this one in particular is the instrumental break where they layer melodies on top of one another; simply a thing of beauty.

Hear Fire at Midnight on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Wolfmother - Woman

My song pick two years ago today: Dick Dale - Banzai Washout

My song pick three years ago today: Megadeth - 13

My song pick four years ago today: Warrant - Heaven

My song pick five years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - The Wind Cries Mary

My song pick six years ago today: Savatage - Damien

My song pick seven years ago today: Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn