1108 Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major, BWV 1046

1108 Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major, BWV 1046


Today is the third anniversary of me starting this song a day blog, as usual I am picking another one of J.S. Bach's Brandenburg Concertos to mark the occasion; last year it slipped my mind and I made my Bach pick a day late.
Since this is the fourth one chosen and there only being six of them I can only keep this tradition up for two more years, but with him being such a prolific writer I can just switch to something like The Well-Tempered Clavier, The Goldberg Variations, and/or the plethora of his Cantatas, Passions and Organworks that he wrote.
Anyway, as with all of the Brandenburg Concertos, if you have been at all been introduced to classical music you will immediately recognize the melody of the song. This is the only Brandenburg Concerto to have four movements instead of the usual three.

Here is a performance of the piece by Karl Richter, Münchener Bach Orchester:
Here is Part 1. Allegro and Part 2. Adagio on YouTube.
Here is Part 3. Allegro on YouTube.
Here is Part 4. Menuet - Trio I - Menuet da capo - Polacca - Menuet da capo - Trio II - Menuet da capo on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

My song pick two years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No.5 BWV 1050

My song pick three years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No.2, BWV 1047

+

Comments

  1. And conducted by Karl Richter to boot. Great performance here, I like the older versions where the conductors were not infected by the "we got to play it serene and with all original baroque insttruments"-virus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one of my favourites as well. That's what I love about Baroque music: it's supposed to be big and loud; it is really the Heavy Metal of classical music.
    Thanks for chiming in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn