1125 The Kinks - Where Have All the Good Times Gone

1125 The Kinks - Where Have All the Good Times Gone
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/1965_-_The_Kink_Kontroversy_-_front.jpg

After I saw the title of the song Max picked yesterday this Kinks track kept playing in my mind; as usual I took it as a sign I should make it my song pick. This another one of their tracks filled with some youthful angst; it has a wee bit of a Bob Dylan feel mixed in with their sound on this track in my opinion.
Most who grew up in the 80's and 90's would probably best remember the Van Halen cover of this track; I have even seen some believe it to be a Van Halen original; the David Bowie's cover is also one that many might remember as well. There are probably a few more covers of this song floating about that I am not aware of.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song by Ray Davies on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Wilson Pickett - In the Midnight Hour

My song pick two years ago today: Collective Soul - Shine

My song pick three years ago today: Skid Row - 18 And Life

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)