1122 Rush - Lessons

1122 Rush - Lessons
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c9/Rush_2112.jpg

I was playing around with most of the music from the 2112 album last night; for some reason this rather fun track was one that I kept coming back to and playing along with. It felt like a good pick for today, so I am adding it. Also, for the past few days I haven't been paying that much attention to the pick number except to make sure it stays sequential. I happened to notice that today's pick number is a jumble of the album's title 2112; after that it cemented this track as my pick.
This song's music and lyrics were actually written by guitarist Alex Lifeson alone; it is one of two tracks on this album where Neil Peart did not pen the lyrics. It has been a lot of fun recently being a Rush fan with the attention that band is getting in the mainstream at the moment. I don't expect it to last long; the mainstream's interest is always fleeting, just ask most pop acts from a year or so ago. At least Prog/Rock and Metal bands have their loyal fan base to keep them going. It's just nice to see the music nerds and geeks get some mainstream music scene attention.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Badfinger - Come and Get It

My song pick two years ago today: Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends <=Typo fixed; thanks Max!
My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Far Cry

+

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade