2147 Porcupine Tree - On the Sunday Of Life

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41C%2B36S3h5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: On the Sunday Of Life; Year: 1991; Genre: Progressive Rock
Been meaning to pick one from Porcupine Tree for a couple of days now... what better track to pick for this Sunday than this aptly titled piece of "musical soundscape."

Hear On the Sunday Of Life and Nostalgia Factory on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Asia - Sole Survivor

My song pick two years ago today: Ray Stevens - I Need Your Help Barry Manilow

My song pick three years ago today: The Who - Rael (1 and 2)

My song pick four years ago today: The Clifford Brown & Max Roach Quintet - Joy Spring

My song pick five years ago today: Eric Burdon & the Animals - San Franciscan Nights


Comments

  1. Yay, PT! I just picked up the Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream albums and they're terrific. iTunes doesn't have them, but I went to Rasputin Music (California music store chain) and they had the CD/DVD-A versions of both. Score!

    I hope that store sticks around. I still like the actual brick and mortar music store shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprising about iTunes. I really love "Lightbulb Sun;" haven't sampled "Stupid Dream" yet. I still have to say that "Signify" and "The Incident" are two of my favourites along with the aforementioned "Lightbulb Sun."
      Definitely a great act.

      Delete
  2. Going through the Stupid Dream DVD-A now, in all of its high-res, multi-channel glory.

    Was very amused by the video for "Piano Lessons."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade