2320 Yes - The Man You Always Wanted Me to Be

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ozmJexMUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Fly From Here; Year: 2011; Genre: Progressive Rock
I checked this album out yesterday, and have to say I like it. This song is unique for the reason that you get to hear bassist Chris Squire sing lead vocals, which is a rarity even though he regularly performs backing vocals. While it's not amongst their great memorable hits, it's still a very good song that has that unique Yes sound and feel.

Hear The Man You Always Wanted Me to Be on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Soundgarden - Non-State Actor

My song pick two years ago today: The Mushroom Tabernacle Choir - 12 Drugs of Christmas

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

My song pick four years ago today: Ian Anderson - In the Moneylender's Temple

My song pick five years ago today: Dobie Grey - Drift Away

My song pick six years ago today: Lobo - Gypsy and the Midnight Ghost


Comments

  1. The title song is great on this album, classic Yes. Can't remember the rest of the album...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is their newest one; I especially like the "Fly From Here" five part suite. It was a treat to Chris Squire sing the lead!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade