2339 Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Old Rugged Cross

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Gs1ekIgZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Blacknuss; Year: 1971; Genre: Jazz/Traditional
Wow, it's my last post of 2013; tomorrow will be the start of another year of blogging about songs.
Anyway, I was thinking about this song the other day and decided to see if someone had uploaded it and lo and behold someone had, so I'm picking it. Blacknuss is a truly amazing album, which I happen to have found some years ago at a yard sale. To say the least I was amazed when I head this song come on; I absolutely love what he did with this sacred classic mixing in all of the jazz and blues elements, plus his monologing, which he was known for, added so much to it. It's a truly great song to usher out the year with!
Catch you all next year!

Hear Roland Kirk's version of Old Rugged Cross on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Mahavishnu Orchestra - One Word

My song pick two years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - The Raven

My song pick three years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - The Sinister Minister

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Reise, Reise

My song pick five years ago today: Billy Joel - New York State Of Mind

My song pick six years ago today: Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)