2386 Neil Diamond - Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/BrotherLove200.jpg
From: Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show, (Or Sweet Caroline); Year: 1969; Genre: Rock/Pop
The other day this one came on whilst I was scurrying about on that mondo busy day and thought it would make an awesome pick.
This has always been a song that I like, but it's interesting that a song in the more mainstream genres could use the subject matter of a gospel tent evangelist and its Religious messages so well and become a huge hit. I think a lot of why this song is so great is the mood Neil Diamond lays down in the verse that builds and builds with the powerful imagery and lyrics then launches way up high into the stratosphere in the chorus then floats quickly back down like a feather just to do it all over again; kind of taking a page out of an actual Gospel music you'd hear in a service.

Hear Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell

My song pick two years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime

My song pick three years ago today: Glenn Miller - In The Mood

My song pick four years ago today: Tarot - Ashes To The Stars

My song pick five years ago today: Goo Goo Dolls - Broadway

My song pick six years ago today: The Offspring - Come Out And Play


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)