2373 Jethro Tull - Bends Like a Willow

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61TnBodDjpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Dot Com; Year: 1999; Genre: Progressive Rock
I've been going over some of 'Tull's newer material, which I have to say is not of my favourite era, but still has a certain charm and I do like some of it. Anyway, this was one of the bigger singles on the record and is a pretty good track as well. This one was put together and arranged quite well; I love the overall 'soaring' feeling you get when listening to it.
Interestingly enough, if you don't count Ian Anderson's albums this was the last proper studio album released under the Jethro Tull name. Even though they have released quite a few live and other albums and Ian has released three solo albums, it is kind of sad to think that technically there hasn't been a proper new 'Tull album in 15 years.

Hear Bends Like a Willow on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rhapsody of Fire - The Mystic Prophecy of the Demonknight

My song pick two years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Xanadu

My song pick four years ago today: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

My song pick five years ago today: George Frideric Handel - Every Valley Shall Be Exalted

My song pick six years ago today: Kohei Tanaka - Kline's Dream


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade