2383 Jethro Tull - Living in the Past

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NX38KCNNL.jpg
From: Living in the Past; Year: 1972 (1969); Genre: Progressive Rock
Today felt like an excellent day for listening to some 'Tull; I was listening to their early compilation album Living in the Past and thought I would pick a song from it. Interestingly enough I was surprised when I realized I had yet to pick the title track and first really big hit single.
From what I remember about this song, Ian Anderson was asked by their record label for a new single. He decided to write something that was strange and "undanceable," so taking inspiration from Dave Brubeck's Take Five, he wrote this song in the highly unusual 5/4 time signature. Despite this it became a pretty big hit for the band and helped to launch Jethro Tull into international fame.

Hear Living in the Past on YouTube.
Hear the awesome live performance from their A Little Light Music CD on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous

My song pick two years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy

My song pick three years ago today: Miles Davis - Freddie Freeloader

My song pick four years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)

My song pick five years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Said She Was A Dancer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade