2397 Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Abws5KkLL._SX300_.jpg
From: Deadwing; Year: 2005; Genre: Progressive Metal
The other day this was another one that came on the radio when I was on the road; another definite pick for me.
Anyway, this is another great piece of progressive rock/metal from Steve Wilson and Porcupine Tree; definitely a feast for the ears.

Hear Deadwing on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat

My song pick two years ago today: Kreeps - Bad Voodoo

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - Up the Hill Backwards

My song pick four years ago today: Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes

My song pick five years ago today: Savatage - Sleep

My song pick six years ago today: The Beatles - Across The Universe


Comments

  1. Who on Earth is playing Porcupine Tree on the radio?

    Just picked up Steven's Grace For Drowning. Perhaps not as strong as The Raven... but it's got some gems nonetheless. "Deform To Form A Star" is one, which features Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was over my smartphone, but that still counts, right?

      That sounds cool; I'll definitely have to check it out.
      Right now I'm looking forward to the new Jethro Tull/Ian Anderson record coming out in April called "Homo Erraticus." It sounds like it's going to be a far out concept album dealing with the history and future of Britain and is supposed to be heavier than normal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn