2402 The Headhunters - If You Got It, You'll Get It

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515BRXeyIqL._SX300_.jpg
From: Survival of the Fittest; Year: 1975; Genre: Funk/Jazz Fusion
It's another Funky Friday, (my 24th in a row), and the end of the month to boot.
While the music is top-notch, the lyrics in this one leave something to be desired; you see the title of the song, yep that's all of the lyrics in the song; they get repeated and are used more as a rhythmic device than in the lead, melodic sense.

Hear If You Got It, You'll Get It on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Billy Joel - Piano Man

My song pick two years ago today: Pallas - Heart Attack

My song pick three years ago today: Chet Atkins - Windy and Warm

My song pick four years ago today: David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World

My song pick five years ago today: Dire Straits - Industrial Disease

My song pick six years ago today: Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride




Picks for previous February 29ths (Leap Year Picks):

My leap year pick on 2.29.12: Cheech & Chong - Cheborneck

My leap year pick on 2.29.08: ABBA - The Visitors


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade