2375 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Still... You Turn Me On

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CLvOaPUVL._SY300_.jpg
From: Brain Salad Surgery; Year: 1973; Genre: Progressive Rock
Yesterday the land based radio actually redeemed itself somewhat when they played this incredibly beautiful track. It's neat how this is an outright ballad, but stays far away from the "fluff" that is normally associated with such a type of song; it's stays to the really deep and spiritual aspects to the point that you might forget what he's singing about.
Interestingly enough I've noticed that out of the three incredible writers and arrangers in EL&P I have a tendency to gravitate towards Greg Lake's songs the most, which of course this is one of them. I guess it might be that I'm also a King Crimson fan and primarily a bassist, or maybe that his songs apparently speak to me.

Hear Still... You Turn Me On on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Melvins - Nude with Boots

My song pick two years ago today: The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

My song pick three years ago today: Wild Turkey - Sentinel

My song pick four years ago today: KISS - She

My song pick five years ago today: Hawkwind - Assault and Battery/The Golden Void

My song pick six years ago today: Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade