1358 "Weird Al" Yankovic - Amish Paradise

1358 "Weird Al" Yankovic - Amish Paradise
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JAVuINO1L._SS500_.jpg
From: Bad Hair Day, Year: 1996

There's three reasons I'm picking this track tonight: 1. Max chose [actually his 21st] "Weird Al" track the other day, 2. I noticed that I had not chosen a "Weird Al" song yet and I really needed to get with the programme, and 3. I heard the song that that this song is a parody of, (Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise), the other day on the new Green Hornet film and it got me thinking about this song again; it was quite hard to remember the original lyrics after hearing "Weird Al's" parody.

Watch the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

My song pick two years ago today: Band of Horses - Our Swords

My song pick three years ago today: Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok

+

Comments

  1. 21st! Al had been at 20 before last week's post. Now he, Zappa and Rush are in a three-way dead heat with 21 songs each. The Cure is in second with 19.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade