1762 Pearl Jam - Alive

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/617W9ZTJGBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Ten; Year: 1991; Genre: Alternative Rock/Grunge
Yesterday this song happened to come on the radio and it got me into the mood to listen to some more of their music; I figured that I'd go ahead and pick it as well. This has to be one of, if not their most recognizable song(s). At least for me it is; I remember hearing it a lot back when they first hit it big.
Pearl Jam is another one of those bands that hit it big right off the bat with their first album, Ten, but they also continued to make hit albums long afterwards as well. Their music seemed to transcend the whole "grunge" movement, and now that I think about it, I have never really categorized them with the whole "grunge" thing. In fact, back then I looked at them more as a good alternative rock band; even today I have trouble thinking about them as a "grunge" band. It doesn't really matter whatever "shelf" you want to put them on, their music is all that matters and it's good.

Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65

My song pick two years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

My song pick three years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 29 - Cantata No. 29 - Wir Danken Dir, Gott, Wir Danken Dir

My song pick four years ago today: Tears For Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade