1504 Rush - Presto

1504 Rush - Presto
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A0mSCE48L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Presto, Year: 1989
Genre: Progressive Rock

VH1 Classics has been doing their yearly 24 hours of Rush, which continues until around sundown tonight to coincide with the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah); they call it 'Rush Hashanah.' For those who are curious I believe that it's the year 5772 on the Jewish calendar.
Anyway, as normal when they have this going on and I'm home I have the television on in the background, so I can listen to it whilst going about my normal evening. However, last night I happened to hear this hilarious 'Gefilter' skit going on that caught my attention and made me run to see what it was. Apparently they were playing most of the concert from the yet-to-be-released DVD: Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland. It would seem as if the little skits just keep getting funnier and funnier with each tour. 'Rash' LOL! I so wish I could've managed to go and see them on this year's tour: I'm going to have to make sure I can make it to their next one.
This was one of the songs from the concert that I happened to catch and decided I would make it today's pick. While it's not considered one of their best songs or albums for that matter, it's far better than a lot of other band's best work in my opinion.

Hear Presto on YouTube.
Here is an amateur video recording of the performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Nirvana - Drain You

My song pick two years ago today: Amon Amarth - The Pursuit of Vikings

My song pick three years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Effigy

My song pick four years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Threshold/Jet Airliner

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)