2642 Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Like a Rock

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dq3ux2XXL.jpg
From: Like a Rock; Year: 1986; Genre: Rock
This was a song that took me a while to warm up to and it wasn't because of how it was oddly arranged or anything like that, but because of its use in advertizing. Even today it's still hard to hear this track without thinking of Chevrolet Trucks, but despite that it's still a great song.
After listening to it a few times I came to like it; the sentimentality and roots rock feel of the track was a big draw.

Hear Like a Rock on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Coasters- Poison Ivy

My song pick two years ago today: Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - Earthling Parade

My song pick three years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Kings of Sleep

My song pick four years ago today: Steeleye Span - Lovely on the Water

My song pick five years ago today: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Just a Song Before I Go

My song pick six years ago today: Robert Mitchum - Ballad of Thunder Road

My song pick seven years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Harvest Moon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade