2951 Hawklords (Hawkwind) - (Only) The Dead Dreams of the Cold War Kid

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-KKHKmsQL._SX425_.jpg
From: 25 Years On; Year: 1978; Genre: Progressive Rock/Space Rock
I spent much of last night listening to Hawkwind; this often overlooked album from the band was one that I focused on a lot.
Anyway, for this album alone for some reason, (but widely thought of from a legal battle over ownership of the band's name), they decided to release it as the Hawklords instead; the next album, PXR5, they went back to the original band name of Hawkwind. All in all despite all of this the album is just as good as their other material from this time period. This one has a bit of a Crosby, Stills, and Nash feel to it, but with a definite heavy British Progressive Rock edge to it.

Hear (Only) The Dead Dreams of the Cold War Kid on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Peter Gabriel - Big Time

My song pick two years ago today: A-ha - Take On Me

My song pick three years ago today: Return to Forever - Excerpt from the First Movement of Heavy Metal

My song pick four years ago today: Homer & Jethro - The Billboard Song

My song pick five years ago today: Thursday - I1100

My song pick six years ago today: Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

My song pick seven years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown


Comments

  1. Man! You're in the thousands already. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; yeah, I just keep plugging away at it. It's absolutely great to see you posting again! Now Woordenaar and I have some company; he's been incredible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade