4271. Dick Dale - Esperanza

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61EsWMvxHCL.jpg
From: Tribal Thunder; Year: 1993; Genre: Surf Rock
For those who do not know, King of the Surf Guitar Dick Dale passed away at the ripe young age of 81, an obituary can be read here. He is best known for the song Miserlou, which appeared on the film Pulp Fiction and has since become famous.
He was one of the musicians that hold in high esteem, made it into his 80s and was still playing just about as hard as he was all along throughout his career. The man will be very much missed, but I'll still enjoy the music he left behind.
Anyway, this is a very beautiful track that is based around a tango beat with the heavy-hitting surf guitar ploughing right through with the melody.

Hear Esperanza on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Kansas - Questions of my Childhood

My song pick 2 years ago today: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - Quartet

My song pick 3 years ago today: Mahavishnu Orchestra - Radio-Activity

My song pick 4 years ago today: Toto - Stranger in Town

My song pick 5 years ago today: Dream Theater - Hell's Kitchen

My song pick 6 years ago today: Styx - Come Sail Away

My song pick 7 years ago today: Alestorm - You Are a Pirate

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debbie

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Box Tops - The Letter

My song pick 10 years ago today: Azteca - Mazatlan

My song pick 11 years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In