2050 Styx - Come Sail Away

From: The Grand Illusion; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock
The other day I heard this song on the radio and it has been stuck in my mind off and on ever since.
Come Sail Away is one of the main songs that Styx will probably be remembered for if for no other reason than its use in popular culture. However, in my opinion, this song's greatness by itself by far out weighs anything in pop culture; it's an excellent song with all of the trappings the band was noted for during this period in their music.

Hear Come Sail Away on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alestorm - You Are a Pirate

My song pick two years ago today: Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debbie

My song pick three years ago today: The Box Tops - The Letter

My song pick four years ago today: Azteca - Mazatlan

My song pick five years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)