2791 Toto - Stranger in Town

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lj0pV-IRL._SS280.jpg
From: Isolation; Year: 1984; Genre: Rock/New Wave
I meant to pick this song for a couple of days now due to a variety of reasons, but I am doing so now. As some may know, or may not, former Toto bassist Mike Porcaro passed away a few days ago after a long struggle with ALS. Early on in my learning to play the bass both he and his predecessor, David Hungate, were quite influential on my initial playing style and sound. So, this seems like an apropos pick for today for certain.
Anyway, this track is very reminiscent of the time period it was released, which definitely gives it a slightly quality, but a great song none-the-less.

Hear Stranger in Town on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Dream Theater - Hell's Kitchen

My song pick two years ago today: Styx - Come Sail Away

My song pick three years ago today: Alestorm - You Are a Pirate

My song pick four years ago today: Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debbie

My song pick five years ago today: The Box Tops - The Letter

My song pick six years ago today: Azteca - Mazatlan

My song pick seven years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade