5224. The Kinks - Money Talks

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91mwZGFAK9L._SS500_.jpg
From: Preservation Act 2; Year: 1974; Genre: Rock
Thought long and hard for a pick today and finally settled on a song from one of my favourite bands. From wot I understand this is an album you either love or hate depending of who you are. I, personally like it; there's a lot of thought-provoking music and subject matter throughout the record; this song is no exception. It has a very heavily blues-inspired feel throughout along with a very interesting subject matter that takes a very pragmatic position concerning people and money, which is based on the point-of-view of one of the main characters in the overall concept album.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The O'Jays - Time To Get Down

My song pick 4 years ago today: Dazz Band - Let it Whip

My song pick 5 years ago today: Benny Carter - Things Ain't What They Used To Be

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Kinks - Destroyer

My song pick 7 years ago today: Band of Horses - The General Specific

My song pick 8 years ago today: Nightwish - Song of Myself

My song pick 9 years ago today: Gustav Mahler - Symphony No.4

My song pick 10 years ago today: Saigon Kick - Chanel

My song pick 11 years ago today: Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

My song pick 12 years ago today: Return to Forever - Vulcan Worlds

My song pick 13 years ago today: Victor Wooten - Me and My Bass Guitar

My song pick 14 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In