5790. Earth, Wind & Fire - Dance, Dance, Dance

From: Dance, Dance, Dance (single); Year: 2012 (1983); Genre: Soul/Funk
Another song/band I had on my mind and had to pick it, that is all.
While Dance, Dance, Dance didn't get an official release by the band until apparently 2012 as a downloadable single, it had its beginnings back in 1983 as part of the soundtrack to the cult classic movie Rock & Rule, which, of course did not do well at the time. However, the film has continued to garner attention since and this song in particular was among the biggest bright spots, but wot would you expect from E,W&F? After all they were also the best part of the flop Sgt. Pepper's film a few years prior as well, so they are well experienced at propping up under-performing cinema.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Stop!

My song pick 5 years ago today: The New Riders of the Purple Sage - Panama Red

My song pick 6 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

My song pick 7 years ago today: Argent - Trapeze

My song pick 8 years ago today: Stanley Clarke - Play the Bass

My song pick 9 years ago today: Weather Report - Orange Lady

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Wild Spirit

My song pick 11 years ago today: Wings - Jet

My song pick 12 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Welcome Home

My song pick 13 years ago today: Puhdys - Alt Wie Ein Baum

My song pick 14 years ago today: Christian Pezold - Minuet in G Major (Anna Magdalena Notebook II), BWV Anh. 114

My song pick 15 years ago today: Berlin - The Metro
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In