5768. Louis Armstrong - Everybody's Talkin' (Echoes)

From: Louis Armstrong and His Friends; Year: 1970; Genre: Soft Rock/Pop/Jazz
Was enjoying some of Pops' later work, this album really resonated with me today for some reason. It's amazing to think that not long after recording it the world would be deprived of the music of the master; apparently he was ill at the time he was in the studio, but he was still able to belt out his beautiful voice despite it. This is, of course, Satchmo's rendition of the song originally written and recorded by Fred Neil and made famous by Harry Nilsson, of which Nilsson's version was used in the soundtrack for the film Midnight Cowboy. I positively love Louis Armstrong's take on it, it's just marvelous to the ears; but in all honesty he could've probably sung just about anything and make it dang good sounding.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind

My song pick 5 years ago today: Elvis Costello - Alison

My song pick 6 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Coming Back to Life

My song pick 7 years ago today: Aerosmith - Livin' on the Edge

My song pick 8 years ago today: Black Sabbath - Tomorrow's Dream

My song pick 9 years ago today: King Crimson - One More Red Nightmare

My song pick 10 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dudley Moore Trio - Yesterdays

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jethro Tull - With You There To Help Me

My song pick 13 years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie and His Orchestra - Things to Come

My song pick 14 years ago today: Simon & Garfunkel - Hazy Shade of Winter

My song pick 15 years ago today: Lita Ford feat. Ozzy Osbourne - Close My Eyes Forever
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In