5785. Carmen - People Dressed in Black

From: Dancing on a Cold Wind; Year: 1974; Genre: Progressive Rock/Flamenco Rock
This one comes from the second side of their album, which is titled: Remembrances (Recuerdos de Espana) that appears to be somewhat of a novella sized concept album. People Dressed in Black comes just passed the midpoint; they really use all the delicate power from the flamenco to sell the the dark and brooding feeling throughout the song. The vocal work is one of the best aspects of it; the music kind of takes a supporting role. I really love the wailing harmonies and the musical "jabs" that go along with it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Humble Pie - Get Down To It

My song pick 5 years ago today: King Crimson - Exiles

My song pick 6 years ago today: Soundgarden - By Crooked Steps

My song pick 7 years ago today: Brave Belt - Never Comin' Home

My song pick 8 years ago today: Marillion - The Uninvited Guest

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rammstein - Nebel

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rush - The Necromancer

My song pick 11 years ago today: Les Elgart - Bandstand Boogie

My song pick 12 years ago today: Oomph! featuring Nina Hagen - Feiber

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Guess Who - Minstrel Boy

My song pick 14 years ago today: Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

My song pick 15 years ago today: Steely Day - Rikki Don't Lose That Number
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In