5778. Jim Croce - Speedball Tucker

From: Life and Times; Year: 1973; Genre: Folk Rock
Had this song in particular on my brain for the last couple of days, you know the rest.
With some songwriting artists, like Jim Croce, I cannot fathom how their art just seemed to flow so easily and became something still so profound all these decades and years later. Ones like him were taken away far too quickly; you could only dream where music would be if he got to live longer.
Anyway, Speedball Tucker has always been one that perks my ears up upon hearing this riff-heavy raucous folk song. With just 2:30 this one gives you everything you could want in a song; without a doubt it is a "transistor glamour."
This is another track that contains one of my absolute favourite lines: "...and 95 was the route you was on, it was not the speed limit sign." Makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Parliament - (Gloryhallastoopid) Pin The Tail On The Funky

My song pick 5 years ago today: Marillion - That Time of the Night (The Short Straw)

My song pick 6 years ago today: The J. Geils Band - Love Stinks

My song pick 7 years ago today: Savatage - Of Rage and War

My song pick 8 years ago today: Frank Black - Headache

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Two Fingers

My song pick 10 years ago today: Paul Simon - Hobo's Blues

My song pick 11 years ago today: Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

My song pick 12 years ago today: Kristoph Klover - Fire in the Sky

My song pick 13 years ago today: David Bowie - The Supermen

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years From Home
 
My song pick 15 years ago today: Garbage - Push It
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In