5782. Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy

From: Primitive Love; Year: 1985; Genre: Pop/R&B
I have continually been amazed at how certain stimuli, such as sounds like music can lie dormant in the back of our minds for decades and all of a sudden start playing in your head just like you're listening to the radio. Again, with today's song pick such happened; I absolutely cannot remember the last time I heard it, has been many years though. I was almost 100% positive that it was performed by either Gloria Estefan or the band she was in: Miami Sound Machine. Checked just be sure, and I was correct. 
Back then, throughout the mid-late 1980s, both her and the band were huge; their music was literally everywhere, and of course her solo career has continued that success.
Anyway, if you were born back then this was one of the songs that was impossible to miss; you had to hear it. I love the way they blended R&B/Soul sounds with their Latin pop in this one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Pallas - Ghost

My song pick 5 years ago today: UB40 - Here I Am (Come and Take Me)

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - Long Haired Country Boy

My song pick 7 years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Lodi

My song pick 8 years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - All I Can Do Is Write About It

My song pick 9 years ago today: Frank Zappa - Montana

My song pick 10 years ago today: Boston - Don't Look Back

My song pick 11 years ago today: Beat Crusaders - Hit in the USA

My song pick 12 years ago today: ABBA - Thank You for the Music

My song pick 13 years ago today: Genesis - Home By The Sea

My song pick 14 years ago today: Alannah Myles - Black Velvet

My song pick 15 years ago today: Alice Cooper - Poison
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In