5824. Tina Turner - Private Dancer

From: Private Dancer; Year: 1984; Genre: Rock
I should have chosen one from her sooner, (even before her recent passing), but never got around to it until now. This is probably the song of hers that I remember the most from and associate with Tina Turner. Interestingly enough, it was originally written by Mark Knopfler and mostly recorded by him and Dire Straits for their record Love Over Gold a couple of years prior. However, Mark Knopfler thought the song would be more appropriate to be sung by a woman due to the subject, so it was shelved until it was brought to Tina Turner, who had most of Dire Straits come in and re-record it; she lent the vocals and the rest is musical history.
I have always loved her lower-registered and quite powerful vocals, which really shines in the choruses.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Oceans

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Mountains of the Moon

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Not My Cross to Bear

My song pick 7 years ago today: Savatage - Prelude to Madness

My song pick 8 years ago today: Traffic - Rock 'n' Roll Stew Parts 1&2

My song pick 9 years ago today: Chris Squire - Lucky Seven

My song pick 10 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Casey Jones

My song pick 12 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

My song pick 13 years ago today: Return To Forever - The Magician

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Gipsy Kings - Hotel California

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In