5808. Marcus Miller - Tales

From: Tales; Year: 1995; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
That bouncing and bumping groove he lays down really makes me want to keep hitting repeat ad infinitum, I tell you what. However, the "musical smoothy" he whips up with all the different forms of jazz over the top of that groove just makes it magical. It's so weird and amazing to hear the sound of hard bop, vocalese, fusion, free form, etc... all bound together around that hard-core funky groove; he has a  great understanding and is a true master of many forms and schools of music.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Duran Duran - Hold Back the Rain

My song pick 5 years ago today: Rush - Ghost of a Chance

My song pick 6 years ago today: Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage

My song pick 7 years ago today: Asia - One Step Closer

My song pick 8 years ago today: Michael Martin Murphey - Secret Mountain Hideout

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rhapsody of Fire - The Mighty Ride of the Firelord

My song pick 10 years ago today: Argent - Liar

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hawkwind - Time We Left This World Today

My song pick 12 years ago today: Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Midnight Rider

My song pick 14 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Made In England

My song pick 15 years ago today: Mel McDaniel - Louisiana Saturday Night
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In