1378 Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

1378 Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lzk35Z3rL._SS400_.jpg
From: Fleetwood Mac, Year: 1975

I heard this song on the radio this morning and thought it would make an excellent pick for today.
From what I've read this song was loosely inspired by an old Welsh tale which Stevie Nicks discovered in a novel. This has always been one of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs and I ended up only liking it more after playing it in bands I've been in over the years.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a classic live performance circa '76 on YouTube.
Here is the live performance from The Dance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Return To Forever - The Magician

My song pick two years ago today: The Gipsy Kings - Hotel California

My song pick three years ago today: The Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade