5805. The Steve Miller Band - Sweet Maree

From: Fly Like An Eagle; Year: 1976; Genre: Blues/Blues Rock
I've had quite a few songs from this record in my mind off and on for about a month now; thought that I would go for another from it. This is one of the deeper cuts since I've already chosen most of the tracks off it already. The Fly Like An Eagle record has always been one of my favourites from Steve Miller and his band; it got played a lot over the years. With it being "album oriented rock" it usually just gets played through from beginning to end, even so, this is one of the songs that I never remember by title, but immediately recognize it after hearing the first few notes.
Anyway, this one is more traditional blues in sound and feel throughout, so expect a lot of guitar and harmonica throughout it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Dire Straits - Setting Me Up

My song pick 5 years ago today: Buddy Holly - Everyday

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Rupi's Dance

My song pick 7 years ago today: Barenaked Ladies - It's All Been Done

My song pick 8 years ago today: Woody Guthrie - Hobo's Lullaby

My song pick 9 years ago today: David Bowie - Fame

My song pick 10 years ago today: Van Der Graaf Generator - Aquarian

My song pick 11 years ago today: Elvenking - Your Heroes are Dead

My song pick 12 years ago today: Mr. Big - Still Ain't Enough for Me

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steve Vai - Celluloid Heroes

My song pick 14 years ago today: Toto - Africa

My song pick 15 years ago today: Santana - Stone Flower
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In