3232. Savatage - Prelude to Madness

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71pmI9qBgDL._SX522_.jpg
From: Hall of the Mountain King; Year: 1987; Genre: Progressive Metal
Had Savatage on the brain last night and thought it would be a great idea to pick one.
This instrumental is essentially used as the overture to the title track. They do their own metal rendition of parts of Gustav Holst's Mars, the Bringer of War at the beginning and finishes with the melody of Edvard Grieg's theme to In the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt.

Hear Prelude to Madness on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Traffic - Rock 'n' Roll Stew Parts 1&2

My song pick two years ago today: Chris Squire - Lucky Seven

My song pick three years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

My song pick four years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Casey Jones

My song pick five years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

My song pick six years ago today: Return To Forever - The Magician

My song pick seven years ago today: The Gipsy Kings - Hotel California

My song pick eight years ago today: The Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

5953. David Essex - Stardust