3603. The Allman Brothers Band - Not My Cross to Bear

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71T1UAd9XFL._SX522_.jpg
From: The Allman Brothers Band; Year: 1969; Genre: Blues Rock/Southern Rock
Gregg Allman, founding member, singer, songwriter, and keyboardist of the band of his and his already departed brother Duane's namesake passed away yesterday. It seems that I've been making too many picks like this lately, especially of bands and artists that I adore. He was taken at the young age of 69; definitely his music will live on for centuries to come.
Anyway, this early song I thought exemplified his vocal style with that was so soulful voice.

Hear Not My Cross to Bear on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Savatage - Prelude to Madness

My song pick two years ago today: Traffic - Rock 'n' Roll Stew Parts 1&2

My song pick three years ago today: Chris Squire - Lucky Seven

My song pick four years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

My song pick five years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Casey Jones

My song pick six years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

My song pick seven years ago today: Return To Forever - The Magician

My song pick eight years ago today: The Gipsy Kings - Hotel California

My song pick nine years ago today: The Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn