5800. Meco - Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band

From: Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk; Year: 1977; Genre: Disco/Funk/Jazz
As of late the May the 4th has become kind of a holiday for those who like Star Wars, so I thought I join in this year by picking a connected song.
I did not know this until today, but there is a sub genre of disco called "space disco," which is essentially to disco what space rock is to rock; kind of a psychedelic and spacey addition to the sound. Anyway, this album and song capitalized on the popularity of the cultural phenomenon of Star Wars, which just came out. This medley of the main theme from the movie and the music heard in the cantina scene became a pretty big hit single, hitting no. 1 on the charts for a couple of weeks apparently.
Anyhoo: "May the 4th be with you, always."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Blind Melon - Galaxie

My song pick 5 years ago today: The (Detroit) Spinners - All That Glitters Ain't Gold

My song pick 6 years ago today: Suede - Breakdown

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Pretenders - Brass in my Pocket

My song pick 8 years ago today: Savatage - There in Silence

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Revival

My song pick 10 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Pictures at an Exhibition

My song pick 11 years ago today: Soundgarden - Pretty Noose

My song pick 12 years ago today: S.M.V. - Mongoose Walk

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Delgados - Come Undone

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Doobie Brothers - China Grove

My song pick 15 years ago today: .38 Special - Fantasy Girl
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In