5869. Porcupine Tree - Strip the Soul

From: In Absentia; Year: 2002; Genre: Progressive Rock
Thought I would listen to some more PT today; In Absentia seemed like the best one for me to play. While not being the longest track on the disc, which is usually the one I gravitate towards with bands/artist such as this, it still clocks in at over seven minutes, so it's not a short "top 40" radio-friendly song. Strip the Soul is yet another one where they go to some interesting places sonically; one highlight for me is in a guitar solo that has apparent influence by Tom Morello and his "guitar record scratch" technique.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Parliament - P Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up)

My song pick 5 years ago today: Peter Frampton - Show Me the Way

My song pick 6 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bachman & Turner - Moonlight Rider

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cup of Wonder

My song pick 9 years ago today: Desmond Dekker & The Aces - Poor Me Israelites

My song pick 10 years ago today: Sky - Cannonball

My song pick 11 years ago today: Muse - United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Alice in Chains - Would?

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rammstein - Jeder lacht

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Ein Leid

My song pick 15 years ago today: Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In