5867. Steeleye Span - Awake, Awake

From: Storm Force Ten; Year: 1977; Genre: Folk Rock/Progressive Rock
Thought I'd already chosen this one, apparently not, time to remedy that oversight. Even though some dislike it, I cannot help but love the songs from Storm Force Ten and Awake, Awake is the magnificent and beautiful opening track. The record is somewhat different fare in that they did not have a fiddle player in the band at this point and instead employed prolific aerophonist John Kirkpatrick to play the accordion and to lend vocals. One of the best or many aspects of this song that some are probably unaware of is that the lyrics are derived from King Solomon's poetry from The Song of Songs, which makes for an amazing and vivid love story told in the lyrics. It is definitely one of my favourites from one of my favourite bands.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Angie

My song pick 5 years ago today: Wolfmother - Victorious

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Beach Boys - Sloop John B

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Mercury Blues

My song pick 8 years ago today: Head Hunters - Chameleon

My song pick 9 years ago today: Yes - Siberian Khatru

My song pick 10 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Mother and Child

My song pick 11 years ago today: Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.13 - Piano Sonata No.8 "Pathétique"

My song pick 12 years ago today: Chet Atkins - Tears

My song pick 13 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick 14 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick 15 years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In