5862. Paul Williams - We've Only Just Begun

From: Just An Old Fashioned Love Song; Year: 1971; Genre: Soft Rock/Pop
Paul Williams seems to be one of those lucky songwriters who hit it really big when other artists recorded ones he wrote, but had quite a bit of success performing them himself as well. You've most likely heard many of his songs and seen him in films and television shows; this track's most famous version was done by The Carpenters a year prior, so this would be another example of the cover coming out before the original I suppose. After growing up hearing The Carpenter's version so much the sparse accompaniment of Paul Williams' take on his own song is a bit different, but really great to hear.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Foghat - Stone Blue

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Platters - The Great Pretender

My song pick 6 years ago today: Rhapsody of Fire - Lux Triumphans/Dawn of Victory

My song pick 7 years ago today: Blue Cheer - Second Time Around

My song pick 8 years ago today: King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part 2

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Cars - You Might Think

My song pick 10 years ago today: Falco - Rock Me Amadeus

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stratovarius - Elysium

My song pick 12 years ago today: Johnny Rivers - Muddy River

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Padstow

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - Lakeside Park

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bon Jovi - Every Day
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In