6000. Cameo - Word Up!

From: Word Up!; Year: 1986; Genre: Funk
Finally made it to my 6000th song pick; 16-plus years doing this and still going. Didn't really have a special track in mind, I know I should have. I thought this amazing piece of the greatest among 1980s funk would fit the bill, which it does and then some. Even to this day with all of its mid-'80s sound and style Word Up! is one that most who like a good beat and great funk will truly enjoy without a doubt! 
 
Watch the music video on YouTube. <=Totally awesome to see the one and only Levar Burton getting a starring role in the video.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Three Dog Night - Nobody

My song pick 6 years ago today: Bootsy Collins - Sound Crack

My song pick 7 years ago today: Soundgarden - Limo Wreck

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jane's Addiction - Jane Says

My song pick 9 years ago today: Marillion - Bitter Suite

My song pick 10 years ago today: Dream Theater - These Walls

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rush - Stick it Out

My song pick 12 years ago today: Nirvana - About a Girl

My song pick 13 years ago today: Forest - Gypsy Girl & Rambleaway

My song pick 14 years ago today: Steely Dan - Caves of Altamira

My song pick 15 years ago today: Free - All Right Now

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In