5620. Faith No More - Digging the Grave

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61MZg0-R1dL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime; Year: 1995; Genre: Hard Rock/Alternative Metal
Lately I have been thinking quite a bit about bands/solo artists that either have a "set sound" or one that changes to varying degrees from song to song. I would have to put Faith No More more toward the extreme of the later category. Whilst they more or less stay on, I guess you could call, the "rock/metal/popular music" side of things, they often bounce around styles even within a single album. Some people may find this irksome if they purchase an album based on the lead single and such, but just for their incredible musical abilities to seemingly effortlessly switching across genres from song to song is simply amazing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Three Dog Night - Nobody

My song pick 5 years ago today: Bootsy Collins - Sound Crack

My song pick 6 years ago today: Soundgarden - Limo Wreck

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jane's Addiction - Jane Says

My song pick 8 years ago today: Marillion - Bitter Suite

My song pick 9 years ago today: Dream Theater - These Walls

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rush - Stick it Out

My song pick 11 years ago today: Nirvana - About a Girl

My song pick 12 years ago today: Forest - Gypsy Girl & Rambleaway

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steely Dan - Caves of Altamira

My song pick 14 years ago today: Free - All Right Now

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In