6006. Vince Guaraldi - Little Birdie

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71D5rzQ1jaL._SX522_.jpg
From: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (Original Soundtrack Recording); Year: 1973; Genre: Cool Jazz/Jazz Fusion
Well, it is Thanksgiving once again here in The 'States, and I really wanted to pick something special for the occasion.
Almost everybody who grew up since the 1960s knows Vince Guaraldi's work, especially his work with the Peanuts cartoons. He kind of single-handedly brought jazz back into popular culture by introducing it to one young generation after another; for me personally I have every melody from them etched in my mind over the years.
Anyway, this is one I always have liked; it's kind of Woodstock's theme for the Thanksgiving special and I believe beyond. Wot's really neat about this track is that Vince himself performs the vocals in this snappy pop-jazz piece with some excellent brass as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Karussell - Verrückter Vormittag

My song pick 6 years ago today: Wild Turkey - Eternal Mother - The Return

My song pick 7 years ago today: Warren Zevon - Hit Somebody! (The Hockey Song)

My song pick 8 years ago today: Danzig - Twist of Cain

My song pick 9 years ago today: Humble Pie - Black Coffee

My song pick 10 years ago today: Pallas - The Cross & the Crucible

My song pick 11 years ago today: Nirvana - Come As You Are

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - Space Chase

My song pick 13 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Four Wheel Drive

My song pick 14 years ago today: Savatage - When the Crowds are Gone

My song pick 15 years ago today: Joe Walsh - Ordinary Average Guy

My song pick 16 years ago today: Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In