5988. Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl

From: Working Class Dog; Year: 1981; Genre: Rock/Pop
Do not know really why I have not picked this song prior, but it is one that I heard a lot in my early years and thus have a slew of memories tied to it. I can still hear my Dad's scratchy stereo 8-track that had a recording from the FM radio playing; whilst the song can be found in much, much better quality, I still miss hearing it from that tape.
Anyway, for the past 40 some odd years since its release, Jessie's Girl has more than permeated pop culture, but still has a well-aged sound that still resonates today.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Klaatu - Doctor Marvello

My song pick 6 years ago today: Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow

My song pick 7 years ago today: America - Man's Road

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bernard Wright – Haboglabotribin’

My song pick 9 years ago today: Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Beach Boys - I Get Around

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dick Dale - Nitro

My song pick 12 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Astronomy

My song pick 13 years ago today: Yoshiki Fukuyama - Angel's Voice

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Kinks - (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Allman Brother's Band - Ain't Waistin' Time No More

My song pick 16 years ago today: Red Sovine - Phantom 309
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In