6011. Supertramp - Child of Vision

From: Breakfast in America; Year: 1979; Genre: Rock
It is quite interesting, to me at least, how you rarely hear a track from Supertramp practically anywhere. Back in the day, while not heard "everywhere" per se, you could catch some of their tunes in different media from time to time, not just on classic rock radio stations. About the only time I hear their music, other when I actively seek it out that is, is when it pops up from my library on shuffle. And that basically is the nearly 20 years old rips from my old vinyl records that I made when I purchased my first modern computer and iPod. I can still remember buying Breakfast in America at a secondhand store for next to nothing; I played it a lot with my headphones on from front to back; still love that LP. Child of Vision was the last song on side two, and I believe it was the lengthiest track as well if memory serves me correctly. Wot I liked the most about this one was that Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson performed a co-lead vocal and did an excellent job with call-and-response back and forth.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - When the War Comes Home

My song pick 6 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Wintersmith

My song pick 7 years ago today: Yes - Heart of the Sunrise

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Grass Roots - Lady Pleasure

My song pick 9 years ago today: Ohio Players - Jive Turkey

My song pick 10 years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Weasel Stomping Day

My song pick 11 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Take a Pebble

My song pick 12 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

My song pick 13 years ago today: Supertramp - Just a Normal Day

My song pick 14 years ago today: Northern Kings - Hello

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fallen On Hard Times

My song pick 16 years ago today: Mr. Big - Wild World
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In