5997. Normaal - Oerend Hard

From: Oerend Hard; Year: 1977; Genre: Rock/Rockabilly/Rock 'N Roll
There is just something about the Dutch band Normaal that puts a smile on my face every time I hear them, no matter the song or the fact I only very slightly understand what they're saying; I need to learn more languages....
Anyway, this was apparently one of their earlier hits, which is the title-track off of their debut studio album. In the mode of some of the more noted song from the '50s and '60s it is a song about a vehicle crash, in this case two motorcyclists who "Drive Hard" never knowing how to drive slowly and, of course, meeting an untimely end as a consequence. I absolutely love that rock 'n roll/rockabilly sound throughout this one along with the excellent vocal delivery that really sells it. Whilst the track in and of itself depicts tragedy, it and the entire band are just pure fun as always.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Jimi Hendrix Experience - Burning of the Midnight Lamp

My song pick 6 years ago today: ABBA - Dance (While the Music Still Goes On)

My song pick 7 years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Moonlight Serenade

My song pick 8 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Old Black Cat

My song pick 9 years ago today: Parliament - Dr. Funkenstein

My song pick 10 years ago today: Pat Benatar - Rated X

My song pick 11 years ago today: Cab Calloway - Learnin' the Blues

My song pick 12 years ago today: Steve Vai - Bad Horsie

My song pick 13 years ago today: Fats Domino - Ain't That a Shame

My song pick 14 years ago today: ABBA - I Let the Music Speak

My song pick 15 years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - The Big Empty

My song pick 16 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Mr. Blue Sky
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In