6012. Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

From: The Second; Year: 1968; Genre: Hard Rock/Psychedelic Rock
Was thinking about picking one from Steppenwolf today; didn't realize not only that I had not chosen this classic piece of heavy psychedelia, but that I have only chosen two songs thus far from the band... I need to get with the program.
Anyway, I cannot remember the first time I heard Magic Carpet Ride, but I must've been quite young, and I have heard it more times than I can count since. Whilst heavy in the psychedelic zeitgeists of the late 1960s, there is something about it that seems to keep it fresh and, may I say, "timeless" to an extent.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Dire Straits - So Far Away

My song pick 6 years ago today: Steve Miller Band - Winter Time

My song pick 7 years ago today: Gloryhammer - Apocalypse 1992

My song pick 8 years ago today: Dream Theater - A Rite of Passage

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Mountain Men

My song pick 10 years ago today: Marcus Miller - Come Together

My song pick 11 years ago today: Journey - Don't Stop Believing

My song pick 12 years ago today: Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules

My song pick 13 years ago today: Roger Waters - It's a Miracle

My song pick 14 years ago today: Eric Idle - F--- Christmas

My song pick 15 years ago today: Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In