2930 Rush - The Weapon (Part II of Fear)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515t9l08hHL._SX425_.jpg
From: Signals; Year: 1982; Genre: Progressive Rock
I'm in the mood for some Rush from the early '80s this morning. I noted that I had not picked this song, which is part of Neil Peart's "Fear Series." It was originally a trilogy made up of three songs over from consecutive albums in the early '80s starting with Moving Pictures and ending on Signal; Neil Peart added to it with a fourth part on their late 1990s album Vapour Trails.
The Weapon is mostly a synth driven piece similar to what would be heard from Rush in the subsequent years during the mid to later part of the decade. Still, it's not a bad song though; definitely a classic from the band.

Hear The Weapon on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Genesis - Abacab

My song pick two years ago today: Savatage - Handful of Rain

My song pick three years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Barbarian

My song pick four years ago today: Charlie Parker - Summertime

My song pick five years ago today: Tarot - Gone

My song pick six years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

My song pick seven years ago today: The Enemys - Sinner Man


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade